Welcome to the DMR Association; here to work at the centre of DMR technology. We’re here for our members, working worldwide, to make DMR the most widely supported digital radio standard for the twenty first century business world.
We began in 2005 as a group of leading public mobile radio manufacturers to support ETSI during the DMR standardisation process. Our membership is welcoming and open to all organisations or individuals who use or build DMR products or those working to support the DMR standard in other ways.Read more
We are here for our members, working to make DMR the most widely supported digital business radio standard in the world. Our mission is to support the DMR standard and those working within it.
Here at the DMR Association we provide our membership with the resources necessary to make certain that DMR products reach the market within a successful, open, multi-vendor chain. This offers buyers of today’s digital radio technology the security of knowing that they are investing in the future.Read more
DMR technology is already supporting over three million users worldwide.
Key features of the DMR standard
- Interoperability between manufacturers
- Backwards spectrum compatibility
- State of the art Forward Error Correction
- Analogue to digital migration with DMR systems
- Longer battery life
- 2 talk paths in a 12.5 kHz channel
- Doubling of capacity in existing channels
- Data applications interface (AIS)
- Two-slot Time Division (TDMA) operation